10 Questions with SPWA Independent Star Alex Stone

I was fortunate enough to have watched this young man wrestle on two occasions, one of which was against TCW Superstar "All That" Alan Steel. This young man gave as good as he got and was able keep up with the veteran. This young man is a ever growing professional with a good attitude and  with the right opportunity should be able to make his mark on this sport.

Please read further and get to know Alex Stone in the following 10 Questions.

Height: 6'0
weight: 210
Years wrestling:  3 1/2 years
Current Promotions: SPWA Championship Wrestling
  
1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler? I guess I was born loving pro wrestling. As soon as I came out of the womb, I kissed the nurse with my Stone charm and Rock Bottomed the doctor lol. Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3 got me hooked for life.
 
 2. Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why?I have quite a few. Randy Savage, Eddy Guerrero, Danny Hodge, and Kurt Angle are all top of my list.

3.What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why?  When I met Danny Hodge for the first time years back and have him apply an armbar on me..and my very first match, I will never forget. Even though I broke my arm in half

4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why? I haven't had the opportunity to travel much but my favorite place to work is in Ramer, Tn at SPWA. Great fans, workers, and an all around awesome environment.

5.Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled?  I'm gonna have to say Alan Steel. I got the chance to wrestle him in Union City a few months back and it was one of the most fun nights of my life. I learned so much from him just the short amount of time I was in the ring with him and got to pick his brain afterwords. Great experience.

6.Is there a story behind your wrestling name? Well, I used my dad's last name because their is tradition behind it. My grandfather is Lavon Stone and he was one of the toughest men to ever step foot in the ring. Alex Stone just had a ring to it.

7.Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why? Jay Kraft without a doubt. He brought a fire out of me that I needed lit. AC Styles is really pushing me over the edge now and there's unfinished business between us. I don't believe our feud will be over anytime soon.

8.What is your entrance Theme Music?  It is Small Town by John Mellancamp. Fits me perfect considering I was born and raised in Selmer, Tn.

9.What makes you stand out in the wrestling business?  I'm gonna have to say my heart and passion for the business. There is still much more I have to learn but I'm young and the sky is the limit. My charisma defiantly shines through and every time I step foot through those ropes I give it 200%. Keep an eye out for Alex Stone in the very near future cause I promise that's a name you will never forget.

10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling.? Wow, there is so many to name. Getting an opportunity to even wrestle has got to be the proudest. Meeting so many wrestler's that I watched on television, winning my first championship. During my match with Alan Steel, my trainer and mentor Don Bass joining me at ringside to manage me for the first time. I'm just like a little kid when it come to wrestling, I mean I'm living my dream. Nothing compares to the feeling of just being a part of something so special as professional wrestling. Thank you so much for the opportunity!
Thank you Alex for your answers and I hope your career takes the path you wish it to.

Photo courtesy of Alex Stone.

Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center