What do the Indy's have to do to establish a growing audience?

Here is my question, What do the Indy's have to do to establish a growing audience?

I am a big fan of the Independent scene. I can hardly stomach a lot of what the "big brands" put out each and every week. I grew up on Memphis Wrestling and that is what the Independents remind me of. But here is my problem. The crowds... where are they? The people that show up regularly are in to the event, they cheer and have their favorites to love and also hate. It just seems that they keep coming but they attendance is up and down each and every week. I realize there is an ebb and flow of what is hot and what is not. I have been around, and see what it is offered in surrounding towns. They are all experiencing this in their own way. I know in my particular area the booking is great, the events are fun and they make sense. The matches are set up in a way that they compliment the next and there is nothing offensive to keep the crowds away.

I know the first response will be "blame the booker" he controls who appears and the match selections. But I ask, what if the booker is doing what they should do? I know, lets blame the workers..., What if they are doing everything they can, to put on the best matches possible? Ok, it must be the venue... What if the venue is clean and has the atmosphere that a wrestling event should have? OK it must be the promotion... that's it, they are not pushing their product. What if they have gone above and beyond, with fliers, billboards and advertising? What else should be looked at, that is missing?

Todays market is covered in a lot of different companies. Each has their own style and their own draw. But the crowds still don't seem to grow to what would be a large number. I know a lot of the buildings used can not hold more than 200 to 300 people, but generally they aren't filled to capacity each week. I ask again, why? What are we as an independent organizations missing? Every one says, it is not like the old days. That is right, we are "now" and progressing to the future. What can be done to make the events better for everyone involved? I would love to read comments on this from all that read this. From the newbie, to the grizzled veteran... There is a comment section below, or you can hit me up on face book, under Derrick O'Dell Union City, Tn. I am the one with the Incredible Hulk for a profile picture. We can only grow together as an Independent scene, what is your suggestion for our growth?

Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center
https://www.facebook.com/derrick.odell?ref=tn_tnmn