10 Questions with Veteran of the Wrestling Business "Gentleman" Jim Casey

I was given the opportunity to meet a true veteran of this sport, just a few short weeks ago. His name is "Gentleman" Jim Casey. He is currently still wrestling in the SPWA which is located in Ramer, Tn. The years have still not effected the way Jim handles himself. "Toughness never goes away, you just choose to use it at the appropriate times." This is what I say about "Gentleman" Jim Casey's style.

The night I watched him in Ramer, he was hell bent on getting his hands on "Hollywood" Jimmy Blaylock. He was actually able to catch "Hollywood" this night and I would say "Hollywood's" Jaw was probably very sore the next morning. Jim holds true to his moniker "Gentleman" He is very polite and  well spoken. Everything a gentleman should be. It was an honor to meet a veteran of the ring wars. I truly hope I get to do so again down the line.

Get to know a little about "Gentleman" Jim Casey in the following 10 Questions.


Height: 5'10"
weight: 250 years
Years wrestling: 40 -41 in Feb
Current Promotions: SPWA Ramer, Tn



1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler?   My father and Brother and Sister all came before me

2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why? Nick Bockwinkle former AWA heavyweight Champion. He is everything a wrestler should be.

3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why?  When I get to visit kids that are less fortunate than others

4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why? there are a couple Cobo Hall in Detroit and The Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis. They were the hotbeds in wrestling when I started.

 5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled? Nick Bockwinkle , Don Bass, Danny Hodge, Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes and many, many more.

6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name? Family name

7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why? Phil Hanson, King Parsons and lately Jimmy Blaylock has been a pain in my butt

8. What is your entrance theme Music?  Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top

9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business?Ask my peers

10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling? When Make a Wish contacted me and I went to Dallas to make a wish come true.
 
Thank you Mr Casey for your time on this interview. It is great to hear from a veteran with your experience.
 
Derrick O'Dell
 
Wrestling News Center

Photo obtained from Jim Casey's Facebook page. Photo By Angie Seymour