10 Questions with Brandon Barbwire

I was able to watch Brandon Barbwire on Oct 6th of this year at a benefit show in Newbern Tn. He is a well put together athlete. He was surprisingly agile and was able to pull off high risk moves. He was also able to withstand a lot of punishment. On this night he was in a triple threat match. The other wrestlers were also risk takers. The match was one of the best on the card that day.

 As for me personally knowing Brandon, I have not had that pleasure. What I do know is that you can tell a lot about a man from his actions. Brandon was not loud or boisterous around his fellow wrestlers. He had a look of intensity and planning. He made no braggadocios comments, but his actions in the ring spoke volumes. Brandon has a lot of possibilities before him. I would recommend for you, the fans, to check out Brandon Barbwire. He is an impressive young man.


Height:6'1"  
weight: 235
Years wrestling: 9
Current Promotions: AAW

1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler?
When I was 5, I started watching wrestling with my uncle Bub and fell In love with it. Wrestling is all I've ever wanted to do.

2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why?
That's a hard one. I've idolized so many guys over the years. I can't pick just one. Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, Stone Cold, Randy Savage and so many more

3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why?
Probably my first day of training. I mean don't misunderstand. I have had great moments, but that was the day I knew I was going to be a wrestler. I was really doing it.



4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why?
The Zemora Temple in Birmingham Alabama, that place was a Palace

 
5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled?
Dangerous Doug, Kid Kash, and Brian Christopher. I had fun working all of these guys but I've been in the ring with Kash 2 times now and had a blast


6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name? Well yeah, but it kinda sucks. I was at some show in IL and I was using some name, I don't even remember. Anyway the booker said he didn't like the name so he made me go out as Brandon Barbwire. I was green as grass so it didn't really matter, but some how it just stuck

 
7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why?
Anton Leveigh. We have worked together more times then anyone could ever count and never had a bad match. The guy can really go all day long.

8. What is your entrance Theme Music?  "Liberate" by disturbed
 
9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business?
My work ethic. I only give my very best every time.


10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling.? Probably holding the tag titles with Anton Leveigh for a year in Mississippi. I was just proud to share that such a good friend.


Thank you Brandon for your time and Answers. May you continue to follow your dream.

Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center.
 
Photo provided by Brandon Barbwire