10 Questions with Independent Superstar Ron Rage

Ron Rage has been a mainstay in the Independent wrestling scene for 14 years. He has many friends in the wrestling business and he is respected. Ron Rage is a veteran of ring wars and has no plans of ending his career anytime soon. He started wrestling at a late age compared to most average wrestler's. At 33 he started his career and now 14 years later time is catching up, but Ron is fighting back and still giving his all in the ring. Please enjoy getting to know Ron Rage in the following 10 Questions.

Height: 6'4"
weight: 275
Years wrestling: 14 years
Current Promotions:
DCW-DOWNSOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
 
1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler? Like most, I watched wrestling growing up. I went to my first show with my dad when I was 12 years old and I was hooked. I didn't train until I was 33, but better late than never.

2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why? Ole Anderson. The pure hatred he had for his opponent and the way he chose a body part and destroyed it was awesome.

3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why? Working with Special Olympics. Those kids battle everyday and don't complain. I have a special place in my heart for these kids.

4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why? Cape Girardeau, Missouri-My first WCW show

5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled? Sid Vicious

6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name? Well with a shoot name like Ronald Reagan I knew I had to come up with one. It took me several months to decide and Ron Rage just fit me.

7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why? Rodney Mack. We are virtually the same height and weight and we both love to bring the "wood" if you know what I mean. I have been honored to work him several times. We have never had a bad match.

8. What is your entrance Theme Music? Hollywood Undead-Undead

9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business? I think my attitude because I was older when I started. Respect for the business that I love so much. It kills me to see these kids these days that have no respect for this business and the old timers that paved the way for us. I've always said win lose or draw, respect this business enough to leave it all in the ring.

10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling.? April of 2009 when I won the RWA championship from Rodney Mack. It was one of the best matches I ever worked. It has been a honor to work him several times over the years and I hope theres more to come.


Thank you Ron for your time and answers to the 10 Questions. I hope your career continues down the path you wish.

Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center

Picture was taken from Ron Rage's FaceBook Page with his permission to display.