10 Questions with Independent Superstar J.r. Mauler

It was several months ago that I met this man. He was great to be around and showed a true professional style. He was humble and accommodating and was nice enough to pose for show pre show pictures. His name is J.r. Mauler. the qualities I referred to about J.r. are the exact opposite of his in Ring Persona. J.r. in the ring, is boisterous, arrogant and definitely not loved by the crowd. But you can see his work ethic while he wrestles. J.r. is a staple for the Independent industry. He is a hard worker, and loves to give the crowd their money's worth. J.r. Mauler is young enough, that it his career path can take many turns. But I feel that his work ethic will keep him on a path to future greatness.
Please enjoy the 10 Questions and get to know a little about J.r. Mauler.

Height:
weight:
Years wrestling:
Current Promotions:


1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler? I have always loved wrestling. I remember just watching all of it. Memphis, WWF, WCW, Mexico, Japan, I just love the sport and I've just always had a passion for it.

2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why? I would have to say.... Bret "The Hitman" Hart. He was a great wrestler that caught my eye. Plus I met him when I was younger and he bought me dinner, so I guess when I was a kid that really put him over the top with me. Haha!

3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why? Road trips. Plus hanging with the boys. I also always get to learn different styles of wrestling.  


4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why? Mine would be Desoto Civic Center, and the Mid South Coliseum. The Desoto Civic Center was a blast. It was a real treat to be treated like that so close to home... Now I also liked the Mid South Coliseum: I mean the history of the building, just that and to say I've been there one time was a honor for me.

 5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled? Bill Dundee and Jerry Lawler

6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name? JR: first name and middle initial. The Mauler part had a ring to it, plus just the definition alone. "24/7" part of it was more or less my partner Kross and myself. We are on the go literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. 

7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why? So far.... Bill Dundee. It's been going on for over a year now.... And it just keeps on getting better. Nothing like beating the hell out of old timers

8. What is your entrance Theme Music?  Stevie Ray Vaughn / crossfire

9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business? I think my look and my persona make me stand out, as far as in the ring, and out of the ring. You have to play 2 sides... Good guy or bad guy. You have to play both roles very good at all times. If you don't have that, plus mic skills, with basic knowledge of how to work in the ring, you don't have anything.

10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling.? To be apart of any good productions with great wrestlers. On a show you have to have everyone on the same page to make that show an awesome flawless show. If everyone is not working together, then the show is pointless. 
 
Thank you for your time and answers J.r.. I hope your career keeps growing for you.
 
Photo Courtesy of J.r. Mauler
 
Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center.