10 Questions with Independent Wrestling Star "Quicksilver"

I have done a little research in to an Independent wrestler that actually caught my attention, just by his moniker. I enjoyed watching his matches on YouTube and I actually wanted to meet him, before I asked him to answer the 10 Questions. Due to conflicting dates that I work at other wrestling events, I have not been able to do so. I was happy when this man contacted by Facebook as a friend request. I at this time took the opportunity to ask him to participate in the interview. He agreed and I would like to introduce you to "Quicksilver". He is a young man who I believe you will enjoy reading about. If you get a chance look him up on YouTube, his matches are entertaining. If you are in a town that he wrestles in pay the admission you won't be sorry.

I hope you enjoy getting to know "Quicksilver" in the following 10 Questions.
Height: 5'9
weight: 225 lbs
Years wrestling: 8
Current Promotions: TIWF (Maury City)

1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler? As a kid, it was something I always thought would be awesome to do. I started going to DCW at the old Peppermint Pond and got to play in the ring after some of the shows. I knew it wasn't just something that would be nice to try. I knew it was something I had to do.

2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why? Without a doubt, "Macho Man" Randy Savage. As a kid, I can remember absolutely hating anyone who beat him (Hogan mostly). I think Miss Elizabeth was my first ever crush. He had a ton of personality and was an amazing technician who has inspired a lot of my own personality.

3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why? My tag team partner, John Arlen, and I, recently lost the TIWF Tag Team titles to The Roughnecks, and while it was a bummer losing the titles, Jeremy White was the one who pinned me. Since I played a major role in his training and actually brought him into wrestling myself, it was an honor that his first title was won by pinning me.

4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why? I would have to say the National Guard Armory in Alamo, TN. It was NBW's first show and the building was huge. The locker room was really big and I was still new in the business, so it was a great experience.

5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled? It's really hard to say for sure. My first response would be Tim Edwards. He brought me into the business and taught me almost everything I know. I've also been in there with guys like Mo, Void, and Jon Michael.

6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name? The word Quiksilver actually means Unpredictable. As for why I chose it as my ring name, I honestly can't remember, but it's stuck over the years.

7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why? Skyler Devins, without a doubt. He came into TIWF in November of 2012 and our rivalry lasted until September of this year.

8. What is your entrance Theme Music? "In the Air Tonight" by Nonpoint

9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business? I feel like I bring a uniqueness to my matches. I'm also known for wearing a lot of purple, which is a bit of a rare color for wrestlers to wear.

10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling.? TIWF March Badness 2013, it was an awesome show with a Hall of Fame ceremony. Over 300 fans, great atmosphere, plus the 15 man elimination match that was the culmination of an angle that went for nearly a year between Anarchy and TIWF.  I was one of the last 3 in the match. So being a part of that show and feeling the atmosphere that was in the locker room just made me glad to be a pro wrestler.

Thank you for your time and answers to the 10 Questions. I hope your career takes the path you have set for it.

Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center


Picture Courtesy of "Quicksilver" He is the man in purple on the right.