10 Questions with UCW Superstar "Miracle" Matthews

I have met many young men aspiring to be wrestling stars. Not all will make it and some will only put half of their effort into doing so. That is not the case with the young man you are about to meet. His name is "Miracle" Matthews. I can describe him with one word... "Energy." From the time he walks out the curtain, until he is through with his match, he is full if "energy". He is a pleasure to speak with and a joy to watch in the ring. His moves are calculated and daring at the same time. He is not stranger to aerial maneuvers, which pay off for him 90% of the time. Matthews has most recently held the UCW US Championship. This is an impressive feat as he is at such a young age. Matthews has a long career life ahead of him and I would recommend that you take some time and go out to see his matches.

Please take the time and read about Miracle Matthews.

Height: 5'10"
weight: 170 pounds
Years wrestling: 3 years
Current Promotions:  UCW every Saturday but I take bookings when I come across them.


1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler?  I watched it since I was a little kid and set my sights on becoming a pro wrestler.

2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why? Randy Orton. He has great talent, knows his psychology and overall just puts on a great match.

3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why? Working out with famous stars such as Jimmy Valiant, Eric Young, Big Daddy V, Eugene, and Sir Mo.. They helped me become a better entertainer.


4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why? UCW. I really like their set-up, their management, the story lines, and the way they treat their roster.

 5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled? Derrick King

6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name? Yes. When I was 12 years old I had brain surgery in 2009. The doctor said it would be a "Miracle" if I played any aggressive sport. Well a year later in 2010 I started wrestling.

7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why? Diamond Kidd. For about 10 months to a year we were a tag team. We turned on one another and worked against each other every Saturday night for about 8 months straight.

8. What is your entrance Theme Music?  "Miracle" by Nonpoint

9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business? I have more thrive to become better and I use criticism to improve at what I love doing.

10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling.? After my cousin passed away who was also in the wrestling business but for 16 years there was a tournament held for him called the Hamhock Memoral Tournament in which I ended up winning and took home a plaque in memory of him.

Thank you Matt for your time and answers to the 10 Questions. May you gain all you want out of this sport.
 
Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center.