10 Questions with SPW Superstar Rickey Smith

I had the pleasure of meeting Rickey Smith earlier in the Summer of this year. He was on a card and set to wrestle Sandovall. The two were equally matched and were known high fliers. The match did not disappoint. From bell to bell the two put on a classic. What made Rickey stand out to me was his attitude. He was calm and collected but when it came to match time, he was still collected, but his calmness was gone and the fans paid for it. This is not a bad thing, it was his job on this evening. And he did his job well.

Rickey is a regular in the SPW in Selmer, Tn. The group of wrestlers in that organization have impressed me, as I have said several times in prior blogs. I have recommended their Events and I stand behind that recommendation. If you get a chance to be in Selmer, Tn on a Saturday Night be sure to look up SPW.

Height: 6'1
Weight:200
Years Wrestling: 3 1/2
Promotion: SPW, in Selmer, TN

1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler? Well actually the first time was when I was at a friends and they were backyarding and I hit someone with a trash can lid, thats what got me hooked.

2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why? Jake the snake Roberts. The reason why is because he had some of the best promos and his ring skills were some of the best I have seen.

3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why? Honestly doing some of the things I have done with Reno Diamond. The reasons why is because I have never wrestled with someone that I could just wrestle, without really having to plan or talk things out. We really could read each other well.

4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why? Selmer Civic Center. It feels more like a indie show to me

5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled? Reno Diamond, Shawn Reed, and Dan Matthews

6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name? Honestly there is no story behind it. I just couldn't think of what I wanted to be called so I just used my own name.

7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why? Reno Diamond. The Reason is our first match. We both knew something was there. We had probably, the greatest best of 5 series in the area.

8. What is your entrance Theme Music? "Bark at the moon" by Ozzy Osbourne

9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business? I think it is because I try my best at whatever I do. I respect the veterans and what they say. I listen to there opinions and try to make myself better.

10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling.? My proudest moment. I have to say is, going out there and doing what I do and leaving people wanting to come back for more.

Rickey, thank you for your time and answers to the 10 Questions. I hope people have an insight to what you are really about.

Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center

In the Following picture Rickey Smith is seen Stretching Sandovall after a devastating Back Breaker.