10 Questions with Drew Haskins NWA-SAw,ASW Independent Wrestling Superstar

I would like to introduce Drew Haskins. You may or may not know Drew Haskins, but the following 10 Questions are to help you do just that, Get to know him a little better. Drew is based out of NWA-SAW, ASW in Lewisburg, Tn. He is an accomplished athlete and title holder. Please take the chance and read about Drew and if you are in an area he is wrestling, why not buy a ticket to the Event he is at. You may find yourself to be a fan of him.


Height: 5'11"
weight: 228 lbs
Years wrestling: 5
Current Promotions: NWA-SAW, ASW in Lewisburg, TN, New-Vex Wrestling, & little towns here or there.
1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler? I have always been passionate about wrestling from my earliest days watching Sting back when he had the bleach blonde hair and wore all the bright colors. Later, I began to follow Chris Benoit. I was a fan of his from the get go. He embodied to me as a fan everything that was great about pro wrestling and I knew then I wanted to be a professional wrestler.

2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why? My favorite wrestler is Tully Blanchard. I'm blessed to have met him and his family and train with Tully in Charlotte, NC. He's a great man and a tremendous talent.

3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why? Being around Derrick King.

4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why? Fed-Ex Forum in Memphis, TN, I had my first match for the WWE in front of a live crowd there.

5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled? Dustin Rhodes

6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name? It's the name my parents gave me when I was born. Other than that while I was training with Reno Riggins I had a couple of names I was bouncing back and forth with. I even received the blessing of Ronnie Garvin to carry on the Garvin name, because I thought that would give me instant credibility and name recognition, however, I remembered a quote saying, "The only person you want to make famous is yourself." On the day of my very first interview to setup for my debut on TV, Paul Adams who was the booker asked me what my name I was going to wrestle with. Between the two options he said let's use your real name. Paul was a big help in guiding my wrestling career and was the one who helped make me a star.

7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why? Nick Iggy, there's real animosity between us and we have always been at odds professionally, however, we have always been able to bring out the best in each other. There's a lot of similarities between us. Physically we look similar. I trained under Reno Riggins and so did he. When Reno was unable to train him, I was the one who trained him and help polish him up along the way. He had his first match with me. I took him on the road with me and we wrestled everywhere together. Till one day we had a falling out. Since then, we still compete against one another regularly.

8. What is your entrance Theme Music? I am currently tagging with Jeremiah Plunkett everywhere, and we received the blessing from Bobby Eaton so we started coming out to the Midnight Express's music.

9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business? Depends on who's point of view. For some people it's because I say no, when everyone else says yes. For the people who are there for wrestling, I take what's happening main stream in other media and apply it to the people from the past who have helped shape and influence my career.

10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling.? Doing the opposite of whatever someone tells me. That's my advice to anyone don't lie to yourself and pretend what your doing is okay. Believe in yourself and believe in who you are. No one else can tell your story the way you can and that's what makes you special

Thank you Drew for the time you spent answering the 10 Questions. May you rcarrer skyrocket to the heights you want it to.

Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center.