10 Questions with "The Psycho Butcher," Andrew Palmer SPW Superstar

 I have met many people in my life, sometimes I judge a book by it's cover and I am wrong for doing that. When I met "The Psycho Butcher" Andrew Palmer, I have to admit I began to judge his cover. He is a tall and imposing figure and at first glance he appears to be meek and unassuming in the face. But it is when I spoke to him , I was truly amazed. "The Psycho Butcher" is an eloquent speaker, and has a vast knowledge about a lot of different topics. He is well written and well read.  He is not the unassuming man I had pictured in my mind, but was passionate about what he loves. That love is Professional Wrestling. Don't get me wrong I am sure he loves other things, but when he speaks of wrestling there is an intensity in his eye that explains volumes about his passion. Most outside of the wrestling world may see him, as I first did, but I encourage you, Don't judge a book by it's cover, you can truly miss out on what you may be able to learn from just a short conversation. Please enjoy the 10 questions as you get to know "The Psycho Butcher" Andrew Palmer.

 
Height: 6'3
weight: 295 lbs
Years wrestling: 3 years

Current Promotions: Southern Premier Wrestling (SPW), Selmer, TN Trained by: Shawn Reed, Izzy Rotten (with Seminars from Su Yung)

1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler? Pro Wrestling has always been a constant in my life. Regardless of the circumstances that it threw me, I could always count on wrestling to make me smile and have a good time for two to three hours. I love the combination of drama and action, comedy and suspense that only a live action sport can provide.

2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why? As a child, I loved Kevin Nash. He was a larger athlete, and very fun. I loved that he had fun every time he was on camera. If you watch me now, you can see that in my style. Now, I'm a big fan of Samoa Joe, Super Dragon, Kenta Kobashi, Kevin Steen, Shinya Hashimoto, Takeshi Morishima, Antonio Cesaro, and Brodie Lee, as they all redefine the prototypical big-man wrestler, and that's something I always try to do as well.
I would also be amiss not to mention that my two favorite wrestlers other than myself are Sandoval and Fleur de Lethal.

3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why? The best experience "IS" the experience. It's actually getting to do what I've wanted to do since I was a child. It's learning and growing every time I'm in the ring, it's becoming a composite of all the things I love about the business and entertaining the people who are generous enough to spend their hard earned money to watch me.

4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why? My favorite venue to have wrestled in is the Selmer Civic Center. It's always a "big show" feel in that building, and I've had some great matches there. Another is the Guard Armory in Selmer, it's been our home base for SPW since the beginning and they're all rad dudes there.

5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled? My partner Shawn Reed and I (as WHT OUT) had the pleasure of defending the Southern Premier Wrestling Tag Team Championship against The Rock n' Roll Express of Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton. It was a great experience, a great match, and I look forward to working with them again.

6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name? Andrew Palmer is my name, and it's pretty cut and paste, however, my nickname, "The Psycho Butcher," has quite the story. My original nickname was "The American Psycho," but after several bookers noticed the stirring resemblance I share with another famous Butcher, suggested that I add that to the call, forming the moniker "The Psycho Butcher," which I now cannot imagine myself without.

7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why? Over the years, I've had several rivalries that have lasted over several matches, but the most frequent rival is probably "The Lone Wolf," Rickey Smith. We trained together, we've been partners, and we love to beat each other up. This weekend, we'll both be in combat with "Dangerous" Dan Matthews in a Triple-Threat contest for the SPW Southern Heavyweight Championship. I'm sure the (mostly friendly) rivalry will continue until our eventual retirement.
Other primary rivals are Sandoval, Cory Daniels, and Izzy Rotten.

8. What is your entrance Theme Music? My current theme song is "Charisma" by W.A.S.P.

9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business? Seeing as this is my entire goal in wrestling, I'm going to answer with "everything." I take pride in my look, my personality, my entrance, my promos and interviews, my size, and my repertoire of maneuvers. I am a big believer in being yourself, and I've seen that take me to a great success in wrestling thus far.

10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling.? To narrow it down to one is tough, but I'll go with one of the following:

A. Wrestling through an entire Tag Team Tournament in SPW for this year's Premier Invitational Grand Prix in one night.

B. Wrestling good friend and rival Jeremy Flynt in a wonderful match at SPW 24: Totally Fetch (available now at Andrew Palmer Merch Table.)

C. Package Piledriving Sandoval through two chairs. It was rad.
Though, I will say, most of my proudest moments are yet to occur. I'm eager to entertain people across the globe and I'm not going to stop until I do.

D. Starting a new promotion with guys who shared my vision of what wrestling is supposed to be and it being wildly successful.

I want to say Thank you to "The Psycho Butcher" Andrew Palmer for his time and may you have all the success you have spoke of , in your interview.

Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center.