10 Questions with PWE Superstar "Dangerous" Dan Matthews, Union City, Tn.

I wanted to give a view of a man I respect in this sport. He is currently 1/2 of the PWE Tag Team Champions "State of Shock" with Moe Stegall. Dan Matthews has treated me well since I have started covering PWE in Union City, Tn. He has exceptional mat skills and is a true Professional. I was able to catch up with Dan for a 10 question interview. I have asked these questions to everyone I have interviewed with the PWE in order to give everyone an opportunity, to get to know the PWE Stars and what might make them tick. Since the same 10 questions are asked and answered you might get to see who is truly alike and who is definitely nothing alike. I find this to be an interesting experiment in the wonderful, wild world or Pro Wrestling.

The questions are asked by me and the answers are written by the Stars themselves.
    1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler?    I felt called to it in a certain way. Since I was 13 years old and saw WWF for the first time I knew I wanted to do it. I wanted to be that guy in the ring that everyone's attention was on.

    2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why?     I love watching Dean Malenko he has no waste in motion whatsoever every move he makes in the ring has a purpose and even if he makes a mistake you have to watch very closely to see it.

    3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why?
     Out of the ring, the first wrestling tape I ever bought when I was about 12 or 13 was Starrcade 87. The event featured the Scaffold Match between Rock 'N' Roll Express and Midnight Express. Now fast forward to just last year, I worked the TCW show in Memphis. Where I met and I am now, good friends with, Bobby Eaton. While at the event I found myself and Bobby,  sitting out on the patio of the convention center having a conversation with Ricky Morton, if that isn't full circle....

    4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why?   I wrestled in the Desoto Civic Center for the Mid South Fair. Just the huge enormity of it was kind of humbling.

    5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled?   I have wrestled Bill Dundee, Bobby Eaton, Rudy Boy Gonzalez

    6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name?   I was doing a promo class right after I started training to be a wrestler. One night up at Ken Wayne's Wrestling School, Brian Thompson and I made my name up on the spot and I started doing promos with it.

    7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why?   I have actually had an extended feuds with multiple people who brought out the best in me. Austin Lane and Moe Stegall just to name a few.

    8. What is your entrance theme Music?  The Little Things by Danny Elfman

    9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business?   I have a mat wrestling background and that combined with my training from Ken Wayne makes it to where I am pretty stout competition for anyone I get in the ring with

    10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling?   In 2010 I was Rookie of the Year for RRONEWS.com and at the same time I was the US Jr. Heavyweight Champion which was the belt that Ken Wayne himself defended all around the country. I feel that was a pretty good moment.

    I want to say Thank You to "Dangerous" Dan Matthews for taking the time out of his schedule to answer these questions. You can See Dan and other PWE stars every Friday Night at 8pm in the PWE Arena (The Giant Flea Market Building) in Union City, Tn.

    Derrick O'Dell
    Wrestling News Center