10 Questions with SPW/PWE's own M-O-E, Moe Stegall

I have had the pleasure of photographing Moe Stegall many times in his matches. He is a high energy, high flying, never say die wrestler that is a pleasure to watch grow in the sport. The M-O-E (Mark of Excellence) as he likes to be called is a well rounded young man who has, in my opinion, talent beyond his years in this business. His mind is constantly working out things that he wants to accomplish in his ring career and what moves will allow him to achieve that goal. Moe has heart. I f I were backed in a corner and needed someone to be right beside me he would be a top choice. He just won't quit. This serves him well, and is a detriment also. I have nothing but high praise for this young man. I hope these next ten questions give you more of an insight to a man I call a friend, M-O-E. Stegall.

Height: 5'7
weight: 175
Years wrestling: 4 1/2
Current Promotions: SPW (Selmer, Tn) and PWE (Union City,Tn)


1. Why did you want to become a pro wrestler?   I became a pro wrestler because I love to enetrtain people. In My opinion, wrestling, is the best form of entertainment today. It combines what I love, sport and theater.

2.Who is your Favorite Wrestler and why? I would have to say “HBK” Shawn Michaels. He is my favorite because, He is everything that I have ever dreamed of being, even since I was little. I aspire to be that great of a performer. If my career is half of what he did in his, I am content.

3. What is the best experience in or out of the ring you have had in pro wrestling and why?  This would have to wrestling my best friend, Knuckles Madsen, AKA Killer Nickles in TCW. We wrestled on prime time television on the CW30 in Memphis. It was his last match with the company beofe he left for the WWE. And Guess what... I won! Outside the ring, it would be hanging out with som eof the biggest names in the business backstage in TCW. The likes of Jackie Fargo (R.I.P.) Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Chavo Guerrero and Carlito.

4. What was the Coolest venue/location you have wrestled in and why? I would have to say it was the Fort Smith Convention Center in Fort Smith, Arkansas, was the coolest place by far. It was my first taste of the big time.. Separate locker rooms for the boys and a huge backstage area. Cameras, production equipment, lights everywhere... Very Cool!

 5. Who is the most experienced or well known person you have wrestled? The most well known person I have wrestled is WWE developmental star Knuckles Madsen. The most experienced is “The Golden Boy” Greg Anthony, and “All That” Alan Steel.

6. Is there a story behind your wrestling name? Yes there is. I obtained my name, because like my favorite wrestler “HBK” Shawn Michaels, I wanted a three letter name for people to chant. So M-O-E was born. The name MOE itself was given to me by my trainer whose name I will not mention for personal reasons.

7. Who over the years has been your Biggest Rival and why? My biggest rival is “The Golden Boy” Greg Anthony. He was the first to give me a really great match after me only being the business for 8 short months. Since then I have aspired to be better than him. Our paths have crossed many times and when it comes to love and passion for this business, we are the same...

8. What is your entrance Theme Music?  The name of my music is called “MOEvolution” It is an original song made in Ghost Note Studios in Midtown Memphis, TN

9. What makes you stand out in the wrestling business? Well despite my overly small stature, nothing gets in my way of trying to be the very best in this business. My character is unique, my walk is unique and even the way I talk is unique. I love to interact with the fans.. I am the Man of Excitement, The Mac Daddy of Entertainment, and The Mark Of Excellence! The M-O-E BABY!!!

10. What has been your Proudest Moment in the sport of wrestling.? I would have to say, it is proving all of the people that doubted me growing up, WRONG. Trust me there were a lot of them.
 
I want to say thank you to Moe for all of the time he spent on this interview.
 
Derrick O'Dell
Wrestling News Center.